- Meet Dr. Washington Wentworth Sheffield, the inventor of toothpaste and the first to put it in a tube, which is still the standard today.
- Let Dr. Sheffield regale you with his wit and knowledge of all things toothpaste and what it’s like to suddenly wake up in the 21st century - which, for someone so far ahead of his time, is really no big deal.
- Engage with additional content to find how natural his toothpaste is, how effective it is at whitening, and what's in the new Activated Charcoal variety.
- Learn the history of Dr. Sheffield, the invention of toothpaste and the Sheffield Dentifrice Co.
- Discover where to find Dr. Sheffield's Naturals Toothpaste near you.
- Share the app with your friends and update regularly to access new experiences.
- Find out what a gigglemug is.
The Dr. Sheffield's app brings 19th-century dental pioneer Dr. Washington Wentworth Sheffield to life through augmented reality. With humor and storytelling - and a hypnotic beard - the original inventor of modern day toothpaste shares his time-tested secrets to historically natural oral care.
This app requires a box of Dr Sheffield's Certified Natural toothpaste to operate, or an image of the box's front, as well as your device's rear-facing camera. If you don't have a box of Dr. Sheffield's All Natural toothpaste, you can find images on the support page.